Saturday, July 1, 2017

Starting Over



SalesManUp


Starting Over


There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope. -Bernard Williams


Starting over- it's a scary thing and an exciting thing wrapped up into an experience, like a burrito from Chipotle. I remember being ten years old, riding in the Buick from Naples to Tampa Florida. My mom was driving us to Tampa to start a new life- one without the conflict caused by my alcoholic father. As the mile markers zipped past, I looked to my mom and said, “ Isn't it a good thought, mom, that we will never be beaten again ?” We we're starting over, and there was hope in our hearts that a better life was waiting for us in Tampa. And it was. Not even two years later, my mom met Paul at church, a soft spoken hard working man who built swimming pools. A few years earlier, Paul had lost his wife to cancer . He became her new husband and my new dad. She was treated like a princess, and I learned how a man is supposed to treat people.


I share that personal story because each of us has had to start over in some way , shape or fashion. Maybe our job ended abruptly, or our relationship went south ; we entered into a new season of life, or we found ourselves in a unhealthy situation that simply needed to change. So, we started over. We hit the reset button.


We do that as a sales professional also. No matter what challenges or rejection that we face today, tomorrow is a new day. Whatever project that implodes or customer that gets turned sideways with our company, tomorrow is a new day. Even with the huge projects or contracts that we proverbially pull into the boat, and win the prize; tomorrow is a new day. We have to begin again. That’s one reason why I love to observe and photograph sunrises. Not only do they put my mind into a state of awe and wonder, they are tangible gift to remind me every day is a new day. We get to start over. I snapped the attached pic during a recent business trip to Nashville. I was inspired watching the sun rise in all its grandeur and myriad of colors, over the Tennessee mountains; and soak this beautiful city in rays of light, serving as a reminder that yesterday's problems are behind me, and today is a brand new day !


Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there's something good about feeling both. - Amy Grant


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happiness Is A Choice

 Sales Blog HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE HAP'PINESS, noun [from happy.] The agreeable sensations which spring from the enjoyment of good; that ...